You are Welcome
The Bureau of... Read More...
The attention of... Read More...
On 25 November... Read More...
Welcome to Bureau of Public Procurement
The Public Procurement Act 2007 established the Bureau of Public Procurement as the regulatory authority responsible for the monitoring and oversight of public procurement, harmonizing the existing government policies and practices by regulating, setting standards and developing the legal framework and professional capacity for public procurement in Nigeria.
"Building and sustaining an efficient country procurement system that meets international best practices"
"To professionalise the process of procurement that ensures Transparency Efficiency, Competition, Integrity and Value for Money to support National Growth and Development"
The objectives of establishing the Bureau of Public Procurement are ;
- The harmonization of existing government policies and practices on public procurement and ensure probity, accountability and transparency in the procurement process;
- The establishment of pricing standards and benchmarks;
- Ensuring the application of fair, competitive, transparent, value-for-money standards and practices for the procurement and disposal of public assets; and
The attainment of transparency, competitiveness, cost effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.
- Economic Efficiency
- Competition - Providing level playing ground for all strata of bidders
- Value for money
BPP Honours Excellent Trainees at Conversion Course
The Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) has honoured four participants in its conversion training for their excellent performance in its two most recent training exercises.
At a brief ceremony in Abuja on 28 February 2017, the four new entrants into the Procurement Cadre of the federal public service were each presented with a certificate and plaque, by the Bureau’s Director-general, Ahmadu Mamman, FNIQS, having been adjudged as the best male and female trainees at the programmes. The programmes, in two batches (Batch 1 held from 22nd May to 3rd June 2016 and Batch 2, held from 21st November, 2016 to 2nd December, 2016) took place at the Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Topo-Badagary, Lagos State.
Those honoured were:
1. John Ikechuukwu Njoku (National Boundary Commission, Abuja)
2. Eke Labija Cole (Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria)
3. Kangkum Noel Yilep (Standards Organization of Nigeria)
4. Asija Abiodun Esther (National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons)
Representatives of the organizations to which the honourees are affiliated as procurement officers, including the Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Prof. Ibrahim Garba, and members of the BPP management team graced the ceremony.
L-R: DG, BPP, Mr Mamman Ahmadu, FNIQS, one of the honourees & the VC, ABU, Zaria, Prof. Garba Ibrahim
L-R: John Ikechuukwu Njoku, Asije Abiodun Esther, Eke Labija Cole, and Kangkum Noel Yilep
R-L: Engr. Babatunde Kuye, Engr. E.J. Obasi and Engr. Ishaq Yahaya
R-L: Mr. Sule Habu Ningi, Mrs. Amaka Obinna and Mr. Adebisi Francis